Saturday, June 2, 2012

Utopia

"'Cause we all just wanna be big rock stars
And live in hill top house driving fifteen cars
The drugs come easy and the girls come cheap
We'll all stay skinny 'cause we just won't eat
And we'll hang out in the coolest bars
In the VIP with the movie stars
Every good gold digger's
Gonna wind up there
Every Playboy bunny
With her bleach blond hair

Hey hey I wanna be a rock star."
~Nickelback, Rockstar

This is Nickelback's Utopia, to be a bohemian rock star and do what in the world he feels like. We all have our own Utopias. Mine is never being asked questions.

Why? - E.g. Are you not studying? Are you sleeping late? Are you such a late riser?

Who? - E.g. Were you with? Was at the door? Was on the phone?

When? - E.g. Are you coming home? Will you go to sleep? Will you learn to be responsible?

Where? - E.g. Are you going? Are your manners? Will you go?

What? - E.g. Are you doing? Happened to your allowance? Can you cook?

Questions like these annoy me. And they annoy me a lot. It annoys me when people ask me questions when I'm brushing my teeth and they know I can't answer them or clearly have the headphones on and they know I can't hear them. I hate it when every time I go out, someone has to ask when I'll be back. It annoys me when, even after having explained where I'm going and whom with, they keep asking those same questions repeatedly. I hate being asked questions that have no answer to them.

Utopia for me would be a place/dimension/universe where people didn't ask annoying questions. No one would ask me which room I wanted to nap in, when I didn't want to nap at all. Nobody would bother if I went to Esplanade instead of the place they knew I was going. I wouldn't be pestered with "Why isn't you mom home yet?" and "Who rang the doorbell?"

Well, everything would be hell boring if no one ever asked any questions, so I think I couldn't live in my Utopia for more than a week. But I'd definitely like to keep that Utopia so that I can, one Utopia trip later, say it like The Beatles,

"Let it be"

No comments:

Post a Comment