Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Things I Want to Do Before I Die

It's difficult to make this list, because a) it is ever expanding and b) I might die even as I write it. But, well, here are some of the things I want to have accomplished before I take the snuff.


  • Lie on a grassy lawn and watch the sky: Believe me or not, I've never done this. I'd like to try it someday. I've been told that it'll be softer than velvet or chenille. It doesn't matter to me whether it is day or night because clouds and stars fascinate me alike, though I'll be just a bit partial to stars.



  • Get a dog: My mother just won't let me keep one now, because apparently there's space-constrain and I'm not capable to take care of it. But I really really really want a dog. Dogs are the best to have around when you're sad and don't want to talk about it. They will just rest with you and probably lick your face if you're crying. I really feel that I don't only want a dog, but I actually need one. One day, I definitely will.




  • Visit the Taj Mahal on a full-moon night: I don't see the Taj as a symbol for eternal love. It is, however, a breathtaking piece of architecture. Somehow it has always fascinated me. I could gaze at it forever and forever and never get bored. And, I've not been to Agra yet. Well, that's why it's on this list!





  • Get a tattoo: This will definitely scandalize a lot of people. My parents. Some of my friends. My boyfriend. But I want one done, on my nape. Two little anime wings, because, some of us are always meant to fly.




  • Get published: Every writer's dream, no matter whether big or small. I haven't yet decided what I'd like to publish. I could be a novel. Or poetry. Or a paper. I don't know yet. I want to get published without paying the publishers, not the other way round.




  • Go to a real rock concert: No, I've never been to one yet. I want to scream my head of and dance like a mad woman. I would wear the band T-shirt and make the rock sign to everyone.



  • Catch a snow-flake on my tongue: I cannot explain why this seem to be so important to me, but it is. I've never seen snow falling. I used to dream about being in snow-land when I was younger. I don't dream about this anymore but I do want to have snow falling around me. I even wrote imaginative pieces on how it would feel like to witness my first snowfall.





  • Have a butterfly sit on my palm: I don't want to catch one. I just want one to sit on my palm. It makes me happy to only think about it. I love butterflies, they're beautiful without knowing it.
  • 4 comments:

    1. Bucket list,huh? :-D Ok..hope you get all your wishes and then some.Wish I or your bf had the contact no. of a genie to give you.;-) But till then,best of luck.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think most of the things on this list are humanly possible. Do I really need a genie? :)

        Delete
    2. You know that I LOVE lists. I have a huge bucket list! I have done the "lie on the grass" thing once and believe you me it feels great. Wouldn't mind doing it again.

      And I want to see snow fall too. Or a waterfall. Would love that too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. High-five on the "lie on the grass" thing! I've seen a lot of waterfalls though...it's a soothing feeling, to hear the hum of falling water.
        And I have lots of other lists...it'll take forever to upload them :P

        Delete