Monday, June 11, 2012

Budweiser

"Grab some buds!"

I'm sorry to disappoint anyone, but I'm not going to be writing about the beer. What I am going to be writing about is friends, because they're almost as good as beer anyway. Come to think of, beer wouldn't taste half that good if you didn't have friends to drink it with.

Friends. One of the mysteries of life. If you have the right kind, you're the king of the world. If not, well, then I guess you're in trouble. But I'm not here to lecture you about how to choose the right sort, you can learn that on your own, like I have.

I'm going to tell you how amazing life can be when you do have 'your' kind of friends.

It wasn't until college that I had friends who really mattered to me and who have changed my life in many different ways, but mostly for the better. These people brought me out of my cocooned existence. I'm not a misanthrope, but I certainly had people-issues. But they, I can't reveal their identities in this blog, taught me that there's more to life than just grumbling about it.

One of them took me to the city's ghat, somewhere I'd never been before, in spite of living in this city since birth. There's one whom I can talk to anything about - from boyfriend problems to the latest books we read. With these people, I am myself. I feel I, too, belong.

They meant more to me than all my cousins and relatives put together. I get to be cranky with them, I can shout at them at times and they will still cheer for me when I win a lottery. I know that even if they don't call me everyday, they won't forget me.


I love the feeling when we've not even texted for a week yet everything just falls into place when I see them next. I love the fact that we don't need expensive clubs to hang out in, or the most happening parties to go to. We might not have any money in our pockets but we still manage to have fun. 

For one thing, I'm actually glad that I've had met the wrong people earlier, because now I can appreciate the right ones even more profoundly. Best friends don't tell each other how special they are very often, but the magic is, they don't need to, they already know.

4 comments:

  1. Friends!:-D Don't know what we would do without them,right????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly have words to justify their worth :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. Awww...I'll seriously miss you.


    BTW this by far is the best blog design/template you have put up.Don't change it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already missing you *cry*

      Oh thank you, I love it myself :)

      Delete