Friday, May 18, 2012

A Celestial Love Story


He lay on his terrace floor and gazed at the sky, seeing nothing of the otherwise glorious night. The pain of realising that he would never be able to be together with the love of his life sheered his heart with every passing moment. If he wasn’t so steeped in pain he would have admired a night of poetic beauty: the velvety black half globe was sprinkled with shimmering specks of diamond, somewhat marred by the impeccable sphere of unparalleled gloss. As in most of us mundane creatures, pain was the only thing that forced some philosophy in to him and he looked at the Moon in a whole new light.

“All those lines and cracks must have been caused by ancient tears... but what could have caused them? What could have caused pain to such a beautiful thing?” he wondered aloud.

Miraculously and astonishingly, the Moon heard him. A sad little smile spread across the wan face.

“I cry because I can never be with the one I love, and I cry more because I cannot go far enough to forget him. If he and I come together it is the end of eternity. If we let go, it is the end of eternity too. Yet we are tied together by the strangest of bonds, the most painful and the most beautiful too. I can’t ever have him, nor can I ever give him up...”

“Who is he?” he asked, empathizing with the Moon, perhaps getting a bit hopeful too.

And the Moon answered, “The Earth, my dear.”

2 comments:

  1. This is good. Not just good, this is amazing. So glad that you are posting regularly.

    “All those lines and cracks must have been caused by ancient tears... but what could have caused them? What could have caused pain to such a beautiful thing?” he wondered aloud.

    Love this line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! You read this! I'm so glad! Yes, I'm trying my best to post regularly and it's paying off. The more you write the more ideas you get :D

      Delete