Thursday, June 6, 2013

Colours


My Name is Red

Laal. Rojo. Rot.


They all mean the same thing. But if you don't know what they are, you can never understand them. Because the hardest things to describe in the world are colours.

Have you ever tried explaining to someone what 'red' is? Yes, it's a colour. But how do you define it? It has no length, no breath, no volume, no mass or any dimension whatsoever. How can you know that 'red' is not the same as 'white' or 'black' or 'purple'? 

To a communist, red is revolution.

To an anarchist, red is violence.

To a romantic, red is love.

To a doctor, red is hemoglobin.

To a celebrity, red is the fame.

To a bull, red is wrath.

To an octopus, red is danger.

To a kid, red is his favourite crayon in the box.

To me, red is all this and more. Red is when I am alive.




P.S. My favourite colour is blue. And I HATE pink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment