Saturday, September 22, 2012

Eternity


Time is considered a dimension. It's one of the most relative things I can think about. 

Eternity is a very weird thing. As humans it's impossible to grasp it's meaning, as the span of our consciousness is limited. However, all of us will vouch that we have felt it at some point or another, in some form or the other.

Time, for me, stretches into eternity when I'm waiting. Wait does seem to stretch itself out, doesn't it? 
Times when I wait for friends to arrive so that we can go shopping or whatever. 
When I wait for the two hour classes to end. 
When I wait for the sun to go down. 
When I wait for that special call. 
When I wait for the washing machine to finish churning my clothes into a soggy mess.
When I wait for the night to break into light.
When I wait for the food to be served while my stomach rumbles and growls.
When I wait for the download to finish.
When I wait for the power to come back on.


When I wait for the vacation to go home.


Even if we say that some of our waits never end, that they are for eternity, they actually do end when we do. It's a good thing that we don't get to experience the real eternity. It would've been mega boring to wait for that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment