Saturday, February 4, 2012

Thoughts: A Quickie

I was travelling in the bus with a friend and asked her, when I saw she wasn't talking, "What's on your mind?"

I'm sorry I didn't pay much attention to what she replied (it wasn't that important), but my own question got me thinking. I realized, I haven't asked that question to anyone in the longest time. Seriously. I haven't asked someone what they were thinking. Is that sad? Or just normal for today's context?

Then I really started thinking about it; below are some of the possible reasons I found.

1) people talk way too much, even when no-one's listening.
2) when they are not talking, they are either texting, chatting and/or doing something similar
3) they have simply never thought

4) they don't listen
5) they choose not to think

Some will never learn to think, even when their Facebook account's status-update box asks them every time they put something up (usually several times a day), "What's on your mind?"

No comments:

Post a Comment